Guidelines for Patients and Visitors
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR VISITORS:
In March, Woodstock Hospital implemented a NO visitor policy and limited entrances. This was to assist with our screening process and ongoing efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
As of Monday, June 29, 2020, we are updating visitor guidelines to include visits to longer stay patients.
We will continue update visiting guidelines based on Ministry of Health recommendations, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this challenging time.
- All visitors will be screened at the entrance.
- For long stay, patients (i.e. Complex Continuing Care, Rehab and those waiting for long-term care), each patient will designate TWO individuals as their visitors. ONLY one of these designated visitors will be allowed, per visit per patient. Visit frequency: two (one hour) visits per week between the hours of 2-4pm and 6-8pm.
- Patients in specialty areas (i.e. Critical Care, Palliative and Maternal Child/Women’s Health) will continue to be managed on an individual basis, by the unit.
- For the Emergency Department patients will be permitted one care partner/visitor while waiting to be triaged. After the assessment, the triage nurse/charge nurse will determine if the care partner/visitor meets criteria to remain with the patient (i.e. if they are required for care decisions).
- The names of approved, designated visitors will be kept at the main entrance and verified by screeners prior to entry.
- Virtual visits using hospital provided electronic devices will continue to occur.
Infection Control Measures:
- Visitors who fail screening will NOT be permitted to visit.
- Visitors will be provided with a mask, asked to perform hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing of 6 ft.
- Visitors must remain in the patient room during the visit.
Coming to the hospital can be an overwhelming experience. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the following patient and visitor information.
- Click here to learn more about Woodstock Hospital's Emergency Department.
- If you are coming to the hospital for an appointment, please bring your Ontario health card, a list of medications (including herbal), and proof of health insurance.
- We are a scent-free facility. Please refrain from wearing scented products.
- Bring toiletries if you are staying at the hospital. Do not bring jewelry, credit cards, large amounts of money, or electrical appliances (with exemption of electric razors).
- For your convenience we have free public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria that includes Tim Hortons, Food Services, Pharmasave, telephone and television services, Spiritual Services, and the newspaper/mail.
- We have designated areas for patient drop-off and pick-up, 30 minute parking, visitor parking ($4), along with parking pass options. Click here to learn more about parking at Woodstock Hospital.
- If you need information about the location of a patient or their room or telephone number, please call 519-421-4211 or visit our information desk in the main lobby.
- Please do not visit a patient if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands before entering the hospital, and when you are leaving the hospital. There is alcohol-based hand sanitizer placed throughout the hospital.
- Please refrain from bringing latex balloons, wearing perfume, and smoking on hospital property.
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, photos and videos are not permitted. There are some exemptions in our Maternal Child Unit.
- For your convenience, we have a Gift Shop, free public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria with a Tim Hortons, and Pharmasave on site.
- You can send a greeting to a patient by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including the patient's name and room number in your email.