COVID-19 UPDATE FOR VISITORS:
In March, Woodstock Hospital implemented a NO visitor policy and limited entrances. This was to assist with our screening process and ongoing efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
As of Monday, June 29, 2020, we are updating visitor guidelines to include visits to longer stay patients.
We will continue update visiting guidelines based on Ministry of Health recommendations, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this challenging time.
- All visitors will be screened at the entrance.
- For long stay, patients (i.e. Complex Continuing Care, Rehab and those waiting for long-term care), each patient will designate TWO individuals as their visitors. ONLY one of these designated visitors will be allowed, per visit per patient. Visit frequency: two (one hour) visits per week between the hours of 2-4pm and 6-8pm.
- Patients in specialty areas (i.e. Critical Care, Palliative and Maternal Child/Women’s Health) will continue to be managed on an individual basis, by the unit.
- For the Emergency Department patients will be permitted one care partner/visitor while waiting to be triaged. After the assessment, the triage nurse/charge nurse will determine if the care partner/visitor meets criteria to remain with the patient (i.e. if they are required for care decisions).
- The names of approved, designated visitors will be kept at the main entrance and verified by screeners prior to entry.
- Virtual visits using hospital provided electronic devices will continue to occur.
Infection Control Measures:
- Visitors who fail screening will NOT be permitted to visit.
- Visitors will be provided with a mask, asked to perform hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing of 6 ft.
- Visitors must remain in the patient room during the visit.