Patient and Family Advisory Council
The purpose of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is to serve in an advisory and monitoring capacity, and make recommendations on matters that impact the patient and family experience at Woodstock Hospital. The council will ensure that the perspective of patients and their families is always incorporated into organizational activities and decision-making to ensure care and services are patient focused.
While council members are patients, family members and caregivers, Woodstock Hospital staff and physicians also sit on the Patient and Family Advisory Council.
Some of the activities of the council include:
- Promote and create new opportunities for communication and collaboration among patients, families and staff.
- Identify and support opportunities for improvement within WH from the patient and family perspective.
- Receive reports on the patient experience.
Patient and Family Advisors must be a patient, family member or caregiver of a patient who has received care at Woodstock Hospital within the past two years. Some qualities that are important to possess if you are considering becoming a Patient and Family Advisor include a passion for enhancing the healthcare experience for other patients and families, open to seeing beyond your own personal experience, being a good listener and being able to promote the mission of our hospital.
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is a group of committed community members and hospital staff who work together to support a positive patient and family experience at the Woodstock Hospital.
What will I do?
- Share your ideas and experience based knowledge related to you or your loved one’s health care journey to improve hospital services and processes.
- Provide your constructive feedback and input to support the implementation of patient focused activities.
- Review policies, patient education, and practices through the patient or family lens to ensure that the patient voice is central to the care provided.
Maintain privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information.
A two-year commitment of 90 minutes every other month to meet with the Council.
What our patients are telling us………..
"The nurses were very friendly and easy to get along with and talk to. They made time for me and ensured all of my medical needs were met."
"This was my second delivery in Woodstock and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I was always included in what was going on and all of my questions were answered in a way that was easy to understand." - S.L.
"What great work you do in this physiotherapy department. It truly was a pleasure coming here each week. The atmosphere is always welcoming and joyful. You are all very kind, caring, helpful and encouraging. Thank you for the care and support you have given me this past 3 months." - R.B.
Interested in joining the Patient and Family Advisory Council? Click here to Download the Application Form.
List of the 2020 PFAC Accomplishments:
- Ostomy Teaching Package
- Personal Belongings Policy
- Chickenpox fact sheet for patients and visitors
- Enteric outbreak on my unit fact sheet for patients
- ESBL fact sheet for patients and visitors
- Colectomy - Partial or Total
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Pet Visiting Policy
- Clopidogrel (Plavix) Patient Handout
- ALC Patient Education
- Hip and Knee Replacement Clinical Pathway Checklist
- Behaviour Safety Alert Education Handout
- Hand Hygiene Information for Patients and Visitors
- Patient Accommodation Request Form A
- Informed Decision Making Pamphlet
- Personal Pet Visitation
- Patient Use of Medical Cannabis
- Patient medication handouts for analgesics and antibiotics
- Recreation Therapy patient education handout
- IPAC Education video
- Logo – OneChart
- Recreate Orientation Package
- Day Hospital Services, Client Handbook
- Walk-In Counselling Welcome Information & Privacy/Confidentiality
- Brief Counselling Welcome Information & Privacy/Confidentiality
- Patient and Family Welcome Package for Inpatients
- Ethical Framework
- Pelvic Care After Birth
- Patient Safety - Disclosure of Harm to Patients Policy
- Declaration of Patient Values
- Visitor Policy
- 20/21 Quality Improvement Plan
- Proposed Patient and Family Advisory Council Model Review
- Terms of Reference Review
- Declaration of Patient Values Review
- Mandatory Reporting - Vanessa’s Law
- COVID 19 Patient Education
- PFAC Logo
- Declaration of Patient Values Policy
- International Students form
- Insulin Pump Self-Management handout
- Responding to Patient/Family Complaints, Compliments and Feedback Policy
- Patient Centred Care Framework